Mother tongue instruction ensures better cognitive developmentMany linguistics scholars argue that teaching children in their mother tongues make them more efficient, interactive and successful. Mother tongue education implies that schooling using the language or languages that children are most familiar with.
To this effect, Ethiopia has shown impressive progress. Nowadays, about 51 languages are involved in the school system. Since education policy has been in place since 1994, commendable achievements have been registered. High practical status to the mother tongue as medium of instruction, particularly at the primary level has been implemented.
Although various scholarly studies indicate that children can learn best through their mother tongues, millions of children globally obtain an education in different languages. Children can understand education through their mother tongue; they develop reading and writing skills faster and in a more meaningful way.
— 5 Items per Page
- Ministry of education announced, any school registration before the end of August is forbidden.
- Free promotion will not affect the quality of education , Ministry of education
- Teachers protest across US over reopening schools in pandemic.
- August reopening for Scottish schools ‘not a done deal’, warns teaching union
- Ministry of education decides free promotion to all classes, except grade 8 and 12.
- Ministry of education caution students to take care from fake news