National Entrance Examination Results
The NIMEI the new national medical Education system which is a joint initiative by the two Ministries, the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, envisioning the scaling up and transformation of medical education in Ethiopia .The goal is to educate 21st century Medical Doctors quantitatively sufficient and professionally competent to provide quality health care to meet the demand of the Nation.
as one of its components has developed Recruitment Selection and Admission
system where National Entrance Examination
is one major component. NIMEI Entrance Examination was conducted on Tahsas 10 2004 E.C. in 13 Universities and newly established medical schools in different regions of Ethiopia . A total of 2879 applicants had registered in the different registration sites to the National Examination Agency. Among the total applicants 430 were Female applicants. Applicants were from all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Afar, Amhara, Oromia, Somali, Benshangul-Gumz, SNNPR, Gambella, Harari, Addis Ababa, and Dire-Dawa.
1. Results of the NIMEI
Results of the NIMEI Entrance Examination as administered by the National Agency for Examination
are now available. To see your individual results and your status of admission to the different medical schools please follow the following link: www.nae.gov.et/Public/ViewExamResults.aspx
2. Criteria of selection for entrance to Medical School
3. How to Access your personal Result:
- All Candidates have been selected based on the admission criteria of NIMEI.
- Candidates that sat the exam have been selected based on their performance on the Entrance Examination. However, affirmative action has been applied to female candidates as on the admission criteria.
- Pass to the Medical Schools
- Male candidates with results of 56 and above have been accepted to the Medical Schools.
- Female candidates with results of 48 and above have been accepted to the Medical School.
- A total of 1017 candidates will be admitted to the Medical Schools out of these 75 % are Male and 25% are Female candidates. Additional 117 Candidates are selected as reserves.
- Status to Medical School admissions are four: 1)“Pass” means admitted 2) “Reserve” means can be admitted if “Pass” candidate number is not achieved in the medical schools 3) “Fail” means not admitted 4) “Disqualified” means candidate whose result has been rejected for reasons of falsification or misrepresentation.
on the following link www.nae.gov.et/Public/ViewExamResults.aspx
you will see a dialogue box (please click on the "PDF version"
for the pictorial explanation)
On the Dialogue box Exam Result
- Enter your Registration Number on the space provided for ID as on your Admission Card to the National Examination Agency.
- Click on the drop down arrow and select “NIMEI”
- Click on the “Show” Tab
- Then you will see your personal data with results and status for admission to Medical School.