Ethiopian Ministry of Education and Republic of Korea institute to collaborate on developing human capital in science and technology
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia's Ministry of Education (MoE) and the Science and Technology Policy Institute (STEPI) of the Republic of Korea signed a five –year memorandum of understanding to collaborate on human resource development in science and technology.
The two parties agreed to strengthen their relations as well as to work together on Ethiopia's innovation capacity in science and technology. The mutually beneficial MoU gives high priority to the development of skilled human capital in science and technology to enable the sector make significant contribution towards Ethiopia's accelerated economic growth.
During the MoU signing ceremony, Minister of Education, His Excellency Ato Shiferaw Shigute appreciated the overall bilateral support by the Republic of Korea to Ethiopia and particularly the current focus in developing skilled human resources. He also affirmed Ethiopian government's commitment to scale-up the role of education in economic development in the country.
H.E. Ato Shiferaw added that significant number of Ph.D. level lecturers in public universities can benefit from STEPI's support in conducting community problem solving researches and innovations. Ato Shiferaw also pointed out that the intake capacity at the universities will be increased to 600,000 students per annum in the coming year. STEPI's support in building the capacity of the lecturers will significantly contribute towards increasing the quality of instruction at the higher education institutions.
Speaking on the signing ceremony, STEPI President, Dr. Jong Guk Song expressed eagerness and commitment to work together with the MoE in developing Ethiopia's skilled and competent human capital for the next five years.
- High-level leadership symposium undergo to build university leaders and management skill
- Ethiopian Ministry of Education and Cisco Company to collaborate on ICT free Training for Students
- Establishing HUAWEI ICT Academic center pave way for further job opportunity
- Ministry of Education conducts half year performance evaluation for 2009 E.C
- Ethiopia and UK’s Effective Partnership Contributed to Achievements in General Education
- Education and Training Sector carrying out its Mission of Producing Competent and Problem Solving Work force